When you invest in a high-quality German brand, you want it to last a long time. One way to get into high-mileage clubs and assure a well-running vehicle for the long term is to keep up with maintenance, especially as your vehicle becomes older. During each tune-up and maintenance appointment, your German auto mechanic in Bellevue will check for the following issues common in even the most well made German automobiles:
- Leaks: As your car gains miles, it also sustains more wear-and-tear. That often means fluid leaks around seals and in the major components. While checking these areas, the mechanic will see if any parts require replacement, or if it is just the seal that needs attention. If you notice any fluid puddles, you will want to report those to your mechanic.
- Electric system issues: If you have power windows and remote keyless entry, these systems will start to become fussy the longer you own your car. You may find your power windows respond slowly on rainy days or your windshield wipers are not as efficient. These idiosyncrasies are often written off as “old car problems.” However, they are normally due to wire connections becoming weak. This is often easy to fix by just replacing small wires or their connections.
- Cable shortcomings: When the smaller systems start to malfunction, the larger ones are not far behind. Starter and battery cables can also corrode, and one day, you may find yourself stranded on the highway or unable to leave the parking lot. Lights also dim with corroded cables, and you may find interior and trunk lighting also lacking. Mechanics often just need to change the bulbs, but the wires and cables may also need replacement.
- Seat belt wear and tear: Wearing a seat belt is the law, and unfortunately, the buckles can wear out in time. They are subject to heavy use and the constant clicking in and pulling out will wear on the gears. Mechanics will check these out when your mileage starts to peak, as well as see if the belt itself has wear marks. You will want these repaired so you stay safe.
- Flat spare tire: The spare tire is a part few people think about until they need it. It would be a disaster to find it flat during such a time. Since you may forget to check it, your mechanic will likely keep an eye on it for you.
- Malfunctioning parking brake: Would you prefer that your mechanic check your parking brake, or would you rather have a really bad surprise on a steep hill one day? Parking brakes work well for a long time, but if they fail, the consequences can be disastrous. Once your vehicle starts to near or exceed six-digit mileage, your mechanic will pay careful attention to this piece of essential equipment.
If you need a skilled auto mechanic in Bellevue for your German car, contact Eastside German Motors, LLC today. We are known for thorough work and strong customer service, and we look forward to helping you assure the long life of your car.